Louis Mushandu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Fits qmail installation and all was fine until I tried to send email to
> > the box.   It produces the following error message

And wrote it twice.  Woohoo.  Hint:  if no one replies to your question the
first time you post it, posting exactly the same text again won't get you
any better response.

Someone did actually reply with the correct answer, though.

> > Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
> > it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

The domain you're trying to receive mail for isn't in /var/qmail/control/locals.
Therefore qmail doesn't consider it a local domain.  Therefore it can't
deliver it.

> > and below is control details
> >
> > /var/qmail/control

> > bouncefrom
> > postmaster

This is very hard to read; instead of typing this out in an oddball format,
you'll get better results if you include the output of the `qmail-showctl`
command.

Charles