On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> What you are telling, is completely right..  But, I also written
> that I tried to change the ownershop of the files with chown...

Sorry, must have missed it.

> So, I truncated the file to 0 bytes.. Then I did chown owner.group
> of the file..  This didn't do the job.. I understand that the root
> user did the chown bit, but how can Qmail know that this was done..?

Can you:
1. ls -la ~/
2. ls -la ~/..
3. cat ~/.qmail

> About, the log, you are right about this, but what is the best way
> to clear the log file?

Use multilog, then it 'clears' itself automatically when it reaches a
set size. If you want instructions on how to use it, see Life with
Qmail. (I love that line :)
--
"Goto, n.: A programming tool that exists to allow structured programmers
to complain about unstructured programmers."

- Ray Simard