On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 04:39:11PM -0500, Jamin A. Brown wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have just completed migrating a sendmail installation for roughly 15000
> users to qmail. After doing so, we are experiencing longish delays on the
> delivery of incoming messages.

What sort of passwd technology are you using? /etc/passwd? NIS, NIS+?

> The delay seems to occur from when mx0 accepts the message to when mx0
> writes it to the user's Maildir. My guess would be that the queue is not
> being processed fast enough.

If you showed us some log entries from start of delivery to completion
we'd be able to tell you whether they seem slow or not.

> We are seeing delays of up to a couple hours on messages, so any
> assistance or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Show us the specific log entries for some of these deliveries. We can only
speculate in the absence of information.

Regards.