Felix von Leitner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] said:
> Thus spake Alex Kramarov ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > I want to write an addon to qmail, so it could forward mail
> > to another server before it hits the queve, splitted to several
> > copies, one for each recipient domain. I think many could
> > benefit from this feature, in terms of bandwidth conservation.
>
> This feature can (and should) be implemented externally, i.e. without
> editing the qmail sources at all.
>
> Just take the qmail-smtpd sources and write a new smtpd.

        Whoa, whoa, let's not get too excited here.  Before you go
rewriting, you should read FAQ 8.2:

] 8.2. How do I keep a copy of all incoming and outgoing mail messages?
]
] Answer: Set QUEUE_EXTRA to "Tlog\0" and QUEUE_EXTRALEN to 5 in extra.h.
] Recompile qmail. Put ./msg-log into ~alias/.qmail-log.

        Using this to forward copies however you want is left as a
straightforward exercise for the reader.  'man dot-qmail' will be helpful.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              SoftLock.com is now DigitalGoods!