Kris Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to get an idea of exactly how qmail does bounce messages, since I
> will probably have to write various delivery programs to deal with special
> quotas and such in the near future.

You're not clear on what you're trying to accomplish here.  Just thought I'd
mention that if it's virtual domain quotas, vmailmgr has this covered
already.  Users in a virtual domain was on Bruce's todo list, although I'm not
sure if he's finished it yet.

> Simply put, are all bounce messages generated by qmail-send?  If so, that
> means a delivery program only has to exit with the right error code for a
> bounce to be generated, correct?

qmail-local signals delivery status to qmail-lspawn with its exit codes.
You can do things in a .qmail file and exit with the appropriate codes to
get the behaviour you want; man qmail-command and man dot-qmail for more
details.

qmail-remote does things a little differently; it signals its status by
printing letter codes.

Charles