On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 08:35:58AM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> You can do this with a tcprules file if running from tcpserver.  Set up so
> your internal addresses have something like the following.  Note I've also
> added the RELAYCLIENT variable, to allow relaying from the internal addresses:

Sorry, one cannot change the info about the HELO host via environment
variables.

from qmail-smtpd.c:
    fakehelo = case_diffs(remotehost,helohost.s) ? helohost.s : 0;
    [ ... ]
    received(&qqt,"SMTP",local,remoteip,remotehost,remoteinfo,fakehelo);

Depending how "internal" is defined adding the line
    if (relayclient) fakehelo=0;
as the last line in dohelo() (in qmail-smtpd.c) might do the trick.

Another solution is to sync the DNS entries with what the client/server
thinks he is, as the HELO info is only display for hosts where the
HELO host differs from what one get via DNS.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG               |   http://www.Space.Net/   | Stress is when you wake
Research & Development    | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | up screaming and you