> Here is the thing: I DO NOT have a domain YET. SO in my
> /etc/hosts file, I added swaru as my machine name. SInce I'm
> not part of any network (it's a system at which is soon going
> to be a web/mail server), I named my machine swaru (swami + guru :-).

        I don't know anything about vmailmgr, but I do know that qmail never
uses the hosts file, only DNS.  Never ever.  Not on a bet.  Not if you ask
nicely.  Not even if you're listed on Santa's "Nice" list.

        You might want to set up a "private" DNS server that pretends you
have a domain for the purposes of setting up and testing mail services.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]