Hello

> Hi,
>               Can anyone please advise me if there is anyway of telling
> an attacker if you like that they have been blocked via an email or
> something similiar. I am having the problem that people are getting
> blocked however it appears the mail goes through but is then not
> returned. Please Help.

The rblsmtpd based for instance on ORBS - this is not good idea.
I think - each admin should generate its own "black" list of
spam hosts rather than take it from ORBS. This server from I'm
writing now (administrated by me) does not support open relay
now, since time, when I have begun administrate it, I have installed
the newest software - qmail and configure it with tcpserver. The
relayclients are carefuly established. Nothing more are not able
to relay post by server of mine but I'm existing further time
till today on ORBS list as insecure. Why? How about ask Alan Brown?
I suppose, that in like my case are more peoples!
If any host might support open relay if not, would bee seen without
complicated tests. Each can see that my host does not support
open relay but my host sitll exists on ORBS list!

ORBS and like ORBS lists
there are stupid idea, which makes more evil than good. First of all
from such as ORBS 'insecure hosts' list" are  using all presented on Net
hacers, who have directly listing of host, which potentialy can
be used to attack. I'm of opinion, that giving such list public
is illegal and harmful. I have met such case, that after each test
made from ORBS was reported hackers proof to destroy my host, therefore
the access for ORBS on my host has been by my on tcpserver blocked:

=nl:deny
=nz:deny

Best Wishes

Piotr
---
Piotr Kasztelowicz                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[http://www.am.torun.pl/~pekasz]