David Dyer-Bennet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there any reason I should ever enable relaying of messages arriving
> via qmtp?  All the smtp relay cases I have are for clients submitting
> mail; currently no clients that I know of can submit via qmtp.  So no
> need?

This may be jumping the gun, but I imagine Bruce Guenter might just right
a qmtp module for nullmailer to go alongside the existing qmqp and smtp
modules.  He's mentioned on this list once that it would not be an
enormous effort.  If you have workstations/clients with no need for an
SMTP daemon of their own, nullmailer is an excellent choice for an MTA.

> In the hypothetical future case where some client did submit outbound
> mail via qmtp, would I ever want a different list of relaying IP's for
> qmtp than for smtp?  For future generality, should I be using the same
> cdb for both?

In general I would say yes, but I can see at least one possible condition
which would make you want two separate configurations.  If you use Dan's
idea of setting the RELAYCLIENT variable to "@fixme" to fix up borken SMTP
client conversations (early Eudora, etc), you would probably want to skip
it for qmtp clients -- at least until someone perpetrates a braindead qmtp
client upon us.

Charles