Mark Delany writes:
 > Really? How about DNS over-rides for, eg, firewall relays?

IMHO (In my Most Holy Opinion), that's a job for a specialized DNS
server.  Ideally, you could tell dnscache "consult this server
first".  Sort of like a priority on an NS record.  Instead, you tell
dnscache "we're using this server for this domain".

 > I agree that it's probably secondary, but not totally superfluous. One
 > could argue that the same file should apply rather than having two
 > separate files. And that the file should be renamed to dnsoverride.

It needs to be extended to supply a priority.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | A bacon cheeseburger is