On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 06:45:06AM +0000, Andrew Alford wrote:
> I have a qmail server behind a firewall.  Supposedly, the firewall is
> routing port 25 to qmail server.  I know that it does work for the ftp &
> http.  So, theoretically it should for port 25 as well unless something
> really strange is going on.  I can send client to client behind the
> firewall all day long without a hitch.  I can send to clients on the
> internet without a problem.  However, clients on the internet can't send
> back to the clients behind the firewall.  No client on the internet has a
> qmail account on the server & at this point should not.
> This is the error that a friend on the internet is getting when
> attempting to send me email.
> 554 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Recipient address rejected: Relay access
> denied.

This error doesn't come from qmail. Your qmail server is never seeing the
connection, so it's no wonder nothing is in the logs.

The MX records for abcdefg.com show the following:

0 glcsf.hookedonphonics.com
10 mailback.brainstorm.net
20 mail.brainstorm.net

There's no IP address associated with glcsf.hookedonphonics.com, and Sendmail
answers on the other MXs.

Chris