Ross Davis - Data Anywhere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 10 January 2001 at
18:20:16 -0800
 > I am about to take over the hosting of a website and want know if my 2 mail
 > servers are going to be able to handle the volume.
 >
 > They are two P166's with 64M ram and plenty of disk space.  There are about
 > 2000 emails per day going through the existing mail server.  My servers will
 > be on a dedicated 10MB connection.
 >
 > How may mails a day should I be able to handle?

I wouldn't want to estimate what the upper limit wil be like.  I will
say that I've handled something like 20 times that much mail in a day
on a single Cyrix 166 with 96M ram, though.

In fact, the upper limit might quite possibly end up depending on disk
throughput, and you say nothing about your disk subsystem.  However,
for your 2000 emails, don't sweat it.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/