On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 10:39:23AM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> Magnus Bodin writes:
>  > No. This shows even more the need for multiple archives and mirrors of the
>  > contributions around qmail.
>  >
>  > Shouldn't we build a nice structure around this?
>  >
>  > Now everyone sits around with their own little qmail-page. If all these were
>  > at least archivable together the qmail-world would have been a safer place.
>
> Suggestions?  I don't like the appearance of web pages that have
> <remote_url> [<local_copy>] everywhere.  It's quite straightforward
> for me to run wget on all the URL's on the web page.  However, how do
> we present that to users?  Maybe I should have the wget robot rewrite
> the web page so that only if the wget fails does a <local_copy>
> URL appear.  That actually wouldn't be too hard.

My suggestion is to have a contrib directory structure somehow to
www.qmail.org. And/Or a neat way of mirroring other sites within the site.

It's NOT a matter of diskspace, more a matter of how it's organized.  And if
it's laid out in a good way, there may be easier for folks to find and
contribute in the future.

And less silly quertions here... (no, perhaps not)

/magnus

--
http://x42.com/