On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:46:50PM -0500, Peter Green wrote:
> Looking for a little help... I seem to remember that in certain cases,
> Exchange will retry immediately after a temporary error, generating a mail
> storm. I also seem to remember that there was a URL (possibly on
> microsoft.com) describing the problem.

This is a Microsoft confirmed problem and they have a
<A TARGET="TOP"
HREF="http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q224/9/83.ASP">bug description
and fix</A>.

> I'm trying to make a case against using Exchange (based on the fact that it
> doesn't obey standards) and this would be really helpful.

Interestingly enough the patch mention on this page looks like it never
made it in the official "service pack"s. Although I have this URL for
about 1.5 years now.
To fix the server hosting our NT webservers we'd to pay some $200 bucks
for calling M$ hotline and it took them 3 days to mail the patch.
So much on "how to make easy money": write broken software and let them
pay for fixes.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG               |   http://www.Space.Net/   | Stress is when you wake
Research & Development    | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] | up screaming and you