Martin Randall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello Dave
>
>On 19-Jan-01, you wrote:
>
>> Did you skip the step where you do:
>>
>>  /usr/local/sbin/qmail cdb
>
>No, did that twice. When I did a   vi /etc/tcp.smtp   I found two identical
>entries  of 127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>had to   dd  one of them.

When you run:

  /usr/local/sbin/qmail cdb

do you get any output other than the "Reloaded" message?

>Hmmm...on second thoughts, I wonder if I entered it all on one line ?
>
>Would that make a difference ?

That depends on what you mean by "it". :-) LWQ says:

  Allow the local host to inject mail via SMTP:

    echo '127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""' >>/etc/tcp.smtp
    /usr/local/sbin/qmail cdb

That's two separate commands. Each should be entered on one line. The
echo command should not be repeated, but the "qmail cdb" can be
re-executed to your heart's content.

-Dave