Chris Johnson writes:
> Try adding -l0 (that's ell zero) to your tcpserver options. That'll keep your
> server from trying to look up its own name.

I agree that DNS reverse lookup for the local host name on
startup is not necessary in normal situations.

But it may be worth mentioning that qmail-smtpd copies
$TCPLOCALHOST into Received fields. If you run qmail-smtpd
under tcpserver -l0, you will see ``Received: ... by 0 ...''
in message headers.

People may or may not think this is a problem. If you
think this is a problem and still want to avoid looking up
in DNS, just specify the (real) local host name, not 0, as
the -l option's argument.

--
Tetsu Ushijima