I am running a Red Hat v6.2 (w/ patches) server
on a AMD Athlon 800MHz with 256M RAM -- and have
been fairly pleased with its performance.
The problem is I want to migrate my existing RH 6.2
qmail mail server (a slower Pentium II).
The problem is, when first started the server
flys (very fast). After aprox one day, any
connection into this server (sshd, telnet , pop,
smtp, etc) takes a while to initiate. Sometimes
more than 60 seconds -- which of course times out
most POP connections. Once connected, everything seems to
act normal (connections initiated quickly).
I have looked into the logs and looked at netsat -pa
to get some insight into this slowdown, but have not
had very good luck. I know this is probably not
directly related to qmail, but I am a little woried
about the svscan process and how quickly it can wake
up a process.
P.S> I can see the correct processes running when I get
in this process initiation hang so I don't think they've
died. Could it be some reverse name resolution problem?

HELP!?!?!?!

--
Steve Woolley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]