Dan Egli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>       We have a QMAIL server that our previous sysadmin left in open relay
> mode. I am trying to close the security holes, but I don't understand Qmail
> worth a damb (having used sendmail and being groomed on sendmail my entire
> unix life).

Post the output of `qmail-showctl`.  Your tcpserver invocation didn't seem
to set the RELAYCLIENT variable for inappropriate IP addresses, altough the
text you posted isn't what tcpserver uses -- it uses a compiled version of
that.  It's probably a matter of rcpthosts.  The command above will tell us.

Charles