> >  Sorry if this is a repeat to the list but I just subscribed
>
> > The install went just find but I have a problem
>
> > 1.)  I can't seem to to set the enviroment variable to allow me to have
> > certain hosts relay.  Below is the contents of my tcp.smtp
> >
> > 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> > 192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>
> This allows anything in the 192.168.1.* subnet to relay through
> your host.
>
> > 192.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

Isn't 192.* a non routable Class A that will not route on the net?  ( I use
it internally)

> This allows anything in the 192.* net to relay through your host.
> I'm sure
> you do not mean that.
>
> > 65.193.90.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

I own most of this class C.  How can I specify a range  ie
65.193.90.129-200    ?

> And I have a feeling yo do not mean this, either (all hosts in
> 65.193.90.*?
> Do you trust them all to relay through you?)
>
> > :allow
> >
> > Then I ran the
>
> > tcprules /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb /etc/tcp.smtp.tmp < /etc/tcp.smtp
> >
> > And here is my tcpserver startup line which is in
> > /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtp/run
> >
> > exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000
> /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -p -x
> > /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 1003 -g 102 0 smtp rblsmtpd
> > /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1
>
> You're only using rbl.maps.vix.com for rblsmtpd (since you don't
> supply any
> options).

Where can I find out more about these options?

> You do not need to restart tcpserver to activate changes to
> /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb.
K thanks

> However, you're not telling us what the problem is; from which IP you're
> connecting to the smtpd, or what the error message was, or what the logs
> say.

When I try to relay mail to a remote host I get the error message
"sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed hosts in the rcpthosts file"
This is when I try to relay from 192.168.1.147

> Can you connect to port 25 on that machine? Can you send mail to a user
> local to that machine (via smtp)?

I have have the host in rcpthosts it will even relay it remotely

Miles