If I knew how to write perl I probably wouldn't be asking....thanks for the tip anyway
-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Kramarov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 2:22 PM
To: Qmail list
Subject: Fw: RE: is there a filter to scan message header and reject accordingly

Brian Longwe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

>>Is there a filter that I can use to scan incoming & outgoing message headers
>>and reject messages based on pre-defined criteria (text string)?
>You've assumed that I haven't already been there...I have...I've already looked at qmail-scanner and I'm >afraid that the overhead will be too much on my system. I don't want a full-fledged virus-guard, is there >something more lightweight that can do regex filtering on the subject line?

You don't have to use the scanning features of qmail-scanner; you can disable the scanner features just by commenting out some calls to the scanning functions. hell, you can write you own 20-30 lines of perl script based on qmail-scanner, all you have to do is to read the message from pipe 1 and the envelope from pipe 2, rewrite them and reinject into qmail-queue, all of the code is there ...