On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 12:42:35AM -0800, Sam Trenholme wrote:
> Once the big concurrency patch is installed, it is trivial to get a
> concurrency of 500.  The 500 number is based on Linux's limits--I would
> not be surprised if FreeBSD has far bigger limits.

I can't talk for FreeBSD, but on OpenBSD we are having a hidden concurrency
limit of 125. I haven't looked for an explanation why - could anybody give
me a pointer?

> This means we can send out 500 messages at any given instant.
>
> Let us suppose that 99% of the messages can be delivered to the remote
> machine in one second,

Nope. A typical SMTP conversation takes 10 seconds, QMTP is _ways_ faster.

--
Henning Brauer     | BS Web Services
Hostmaster BSWS    | Roedingsmarkt 14