On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 10:55:26AM +0800, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
> Slightly offtopic but are people allowed to distribute qmail in this
> manner? I thought there was a clause somewhere for most DJB software?

In what manner? Ports downloads the sources on your behalf, applies
patches as the ports maintainer sees fit, compiles and installs qmail.

There is *no* redistribution by ports, so none of the discussions on
this matter come into play. While I like ports, I don't use it for
qmail or any other djb-ware for that matter.

> I'm curious for cases like mass rollout, or maybe bundling as part of a
> product. For example I prefer /var/dns/cache vs /etc/dnscache. Or qmail
> spool directories somewhere else? So could I distribute djb stuff like that?

Ports doesn't distribute, so your question is separate to that.

> Maybe Ryan Marsh was installing from the broken ports too?

Maybe, but if ports downloads from cr.yp.to and doesn't redistribute,
that's a matter between Ryan and the ports maintainer.

Regards.