On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:45:23 +0200, Mike Jackson wrote:

>  I tried to use svscan for something other than qmail and couldn't get
> it to work. The process in question, slapd, wasn't producing specific
> log files, and svscan refused to start. It works just fine for me with
> qmail when I specify the log files for qmail.

If you are intending to use multilog with slapd as you do with qmail
then you will need to make sure that it logs it's output to stdout.  In
addition, you will need to ensure that slapd doesn't fork/background or
supervise will not be able to ``manage'' it.  But, I guess this is kind
of off topic. :-)

Andy