Brandon Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I recently setup Bruce Guenter's Qmail (qmail-1.03+patches-18.src.rpm). For
> every email, I am getting a email addressed to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". I
> understand what this is for, but I can't seem to find a way to turn it off.
> I have deleted .qmail-msglog from /etc/qmail/aliases but am having no luck.

By default, his source RPM also installs ~alias/.qmail-msglog, which contains
only comments, and so the extra delivery is discarded.

> Is it possible to turn it off? If I can't use this current install and I
> have to reinstall Qmail, what is the best way to backup the queues so the
> new installation will handle the rest of the deliveries?

Why can't you use it as is?  If its the extra load due to queuing the msglog
copies, rebuild the RPM without that option -- you'll have to disable
QUEUE_EXTRA and QUEUE_EXTRALEN in the qmail sources by removing that patch
from the RPM.

Charles