On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 04:32:04PM -0800, Ross Davis - Data Anywhere wrote:
> Joinhands Hosting Agreement for the 2001 yearI am having a problem with mail
> from other servers not being delivered to my server.  I can use qmail-inject
> to send mail to my users and I can send mail from an account on the same
> server, I just can't get mail from a another host.
>
> any ideas? Clean Redhat 7.0 install with all the latest qmail and vpopmail.
> I have followed the instructions to the letter 4 times and I can't seem to
> figure out what is wrong.
>
> The physical hostname is ws1.joinhands.com ( I am taking over hosting of
> this site and testing with one of my own domains innsandcottages.com)

You've got a couple of problems. One is that innsandcottages.com has a CNAME
record pointing at dns1.innsandcottages.com. If you do that, unexpected things
will happen. Give it an A record or, preferably, an MX record.

Second is that dns1.innsandcottages.com resolves to 207.194.2.101, which isn't
the same address that ws1.joinhands.com resolves to (207.194.2.103). There's
nothing listening on the SMTP port of 207.194.2.101, though there is on
207.194.2.103.

Fix your DNS, wait for the old records to time out, and then you should be in
good shape.

Thanks for providing real domain names. It makes it a lot easier (and in this
case possible) to answer questions.

Chris