On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 11:30:25PM +1100, Gavin Cameron wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I currently have my system setup so that roaming users can use smtp after
> POP3 to relay through the mail server.
>
> We would also like to allow roaming IMAP server to use the server for
> relaying. Does anyone have a small program/script that I can slot into
> couriertcpd that will update smtpd's tcpserver access file after a
> successful IMAP login?

Instead of such kludges, why not implement ESMTP AUTH instead? There are
patches available via www.qmail.org that allow this. That way your users can
relay mail independently of the order (i.e. they can even relay Email
without checking via POP/IMAP first).

Naturally, the Courier SMTP server natively supports AUTH (and STARTTLS for
that matter)

AUTH kicks ass ;-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar

Unix/Special Projects, Trimble NZ
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417