On Monday 12 February 2001  4:05 pm, Jeremy Suo-Anttila wrote:

> > I have been having a problem with HTML based emails getting garlbled when
> send them out via qmail+ezmlm-idx

Neither qmail nor ezmlm will be touching the content of your message.  The
problem is more likely to be with the end user's mail client.

However, looking at some of the error messages you quoted, you really need to
get moved across to the new server.  There is a *very small* possibility that
system problems are messing with the mail files in memory as they are being
processed.

The main problem, though, is that you are sending HTML mail.  E-mail is a
medium used for transmitting textual information, and you are using it as a
layout medium.  E-mail isn't print.  If you want to send out a formatted
newsletter, hire a print bureaux...

Why don't you consider sending the mail as a plain text summary, with a link
to the web page detailed within it?  Most modern GUI based web clients will
grep http references out of a text based mail and convert them to a clickable
link to make it easy for the end users...  (I'm guessing that the majority
use Outlook/Outlook Express, and they need all the help they can get ;^)  I
think this may be a better long term solution.

Just my 0.02.

--
Andrew Bold
Unix Systems Administrator

--
This message is confidential.  It may also be legally privileged.  It is intended
solely for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by anyone else is unauthorised.