* INSOMNIA - Janusz Oles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010213 06:58]:
> Ari Arantes Filho [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:

> > The mail program looks for message in /var/spool/mail/USERNAME and
> > qmail works with Maildir.  In qmail.org site there is link to a
> > patched version of pine, so I can read messages from maildir.
>
> I need different way out then pine, I would like to be able to check
> mail (let's say form Outlook, which is installed on other computer
> running WindowsMe).

Then you should set up a mailserver on that machine. qmail-pop3d is
maildir-aware as is, e.g., Courier IMAP which I highly recommend.

You should read (actually, you should have read already) Dave Sill's
excellent LWQ, in particular:
http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html#advanced-topics

All the information you need is there. But if you intend to use
Outofluck, brought to you buy the morons who have rape^Wviolated every
RFC known to the civilized rest of mankind, be prepared to have your
faith tested. Like, really.