From: Sid Wilroy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: dinsdag 13 februari 2001 20:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Has anyone used qmail with xfs on Linux 2.4?

We seem to have a bottleneck reading our /var/qmail/queue, so we were
looking at alternatives like:
1) Create a large ram disk and have the queue mounted there ( can't seem
to create a ram disk any larger than 4M) Any ideas on using a ram disk
for the queue? Has anyone been successful in creating a ram disk larger
than 4M? How?
2) XFS from SGI, recompiled a new kernel from SGI. It seems the device
files are totally different. Anyone used xfs on linux for qmail? How
much better performance? The new kernel booted fine but couldn't mount
the filesystems ext2 saying bad master boot record.