Title: OnTheFly

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 9:40 AM
Subject: Source of Anna Kournikova Virus admits...

Welcome to OnTheFly!

After receiving several e-mails from news-papers and news-channels I decided to write this letter.
The Netherlands, 13 februari 2001

Dear Sir/Madam,

I admit writing the virus.

In this letter I’d like you to know that I didn’t do it for fun. Let me first tell you how I made this.

As I have been reading on the internet all the time, I have made this virus with a Visual Basic Worm Generator, written by [K]Alamar. K. is NOT involved with this worm!
I have been using this programm because I don’t know any programming languages.

About the targets

Anna Kournikova:

Just because I am a big fan of her. She deserves some attention, doesn’t she??

www.DynaByte.nl: Just because I needed a site. A couple of days ago I bought something in that Dutch Ccomputershop and at the moment of writing that virus I had the receipt in front of me, on my desk. I never meant to harm the site (tell me if I did). That’s why I put the 29th of januari as the date of downloading the site. I’m sure that the VBS/OnTheFly.a-virus is already stopped by then..

Some reasons

Ok. This is the most important part of this “press-letter”. Last week I read an artikle about some research (www.idc.com) about the impact of the LoveLetter-virus. The title of that artikle says enough: IDC: internetters hebben niets geleerd van I Love You (wich means in English: Surfing people haven’t learned anything from the I Love You-virus)

I think IDC is right. I also think that you agree with me, according to the rate of spreading….Maybe this is also Anna’s blame, she is so pretty..J

Last thing I’d like to say is that I never wanted to harm the people you opened the attachment. But after all: it’s their own fault they got infected with the AnnaKournikova virus, OnTheFly virus or watever they call it.

To get rid of that virus, please visit the regular anti-virus sites. They all have some antdote right now.

Sincerely,

OnTheFly
The Netherlands

bg1.jpg