Yee Siew Chin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i am using qmail 1.03, is it possible to specify certain users to mail  local
> users only and certain users can mail both local and remote users?

Yes and no.  If everyone injects their mail via SMTP (say, from workstations
on the LAN, or dialup customers), and you want certain IP addresses to only
be able to send email which is for you (no relaying), this is a normal setup
of qmail.

If you want to only allow relaying based on their envelope sender address,
it's possible (look at qmail.org) but it isn't secure.  A POP-before-SMTP
solution such as relay-ctrl is much better here.

If they're local users, sending mail through /usr/lib/sendmail or
qmail-inject, this is going to require some serious filter scripts,
qmail-queue wrappers, or patching qmail.

Charles