On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 03:22:49AM -0500, Timothy Lorenc wrote:

> of tcpserver. I have tried -B/<path to filename> which just prints
> the /<path to filename on the line preceeding the 220 FCN-hostname
> line. I have tried -B"Welcome to my mail system ", but I get error
> messages in /var/adm/messages concerning unable to print banner.
> So... what have others used... I am using this because:

exec \
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -c 10 -v -D \
-x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb \
-B'220-Hello! Please go away, i've got more email than i can possibly handle.^M
' \
ip-address port \
prog ...

Note that the message includes a literal carriage return (printed here as ^M)
and a line feed.

Try 194.77.219.24 port 25.

Regards, Uwe