At 03:09 PM 2/15/01 +0530, qmailu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have setup a qmail box running
qmail-1.03,vpopmail-4.9.6,courier-imap-0.36a. The >authentication method is
mysql. I have more than 2 million users. Before I move from my >existing
setup - I would like to be absolutely sure qmail can take this load. Are
there many of >you running qmail for more than 2 million users. How can I do
the load testing (some load >testing tools to the effect ! ) to confirm that
my box will perform under maximum load ? Also >what would be the ideal IMAP
connects that I would need to setup as threshold - in my >current setup   we
have about 500-600 simultaneous imap connects ! Can courier-imap take >this
load ?

>Raghu

Raghu,

    Could you provide us with some information on the hardware and operating
system?  I have several systems with 500,000+ active accounts.  One running
on single machine (Sun EN450) and some running on multiple servers with load
balancing.

Sean