Hi,

I setup freebsd4.2 with qmail in my intranet, I used 192.168...IP address; and I have
a DNS server with 202.96...IP address to provide name service to dialup users(outside), the FB and DNS are connected with a router. I hope dialup users could send and receive
mail. When they dialed up, they could receive mail smoothly, but the sending was very slowly, although it still works. The dialup user automaticly got an 202.96...address.
I have set up an MX record in my dns file and I point to FB with an 'A' record.
I was not sure where is the problem, the DNS, qmail, or router?
Someone said I must assign my FB an legal address, was that true?
Please get me some explain and how to resolve the problem.
Thanks.

Sincerely
zbeinet