I have a problem with messages staying in the queue. I was running some
tests that
relayed 7,000 messages through one qmail server (n201) to another qmail
server (saturn) which processed the messages locally. All on a local
network.

[root@n201 bin]# ./qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 252
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0

But there are no qmail connection from n201 to saturn.

10 minutes later I check the queue
[root@n201 bin]# ./qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 254
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0

I don't understand.. All the messages were the same, but the messages in
the queue are not going down...

[root@saturn bin]# ./qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 5
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0
[root@saturn bin]# ./qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 11
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0
[root@saturn bin]# ./qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 6
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0