From:   Timothy Lorenc[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   15 February 2001 08:22
To:     qmail
Subject:        Q: tcpserver use of -B

Hello,

I have read through the qmail list and check all the documentation
that I could find... but I still do not know how to use the -B option
of tcpserver. I have tried -B/<path to filename> which just prints
the /<path to filename on the line preceeding the 220 FCN-hostname
line. I have tried -B"Welcome to my mail system ", but I get error
messages in /var/adm/messages concerning unable to print banner.
So... what have others used... I am using this because:

-B banner: Write banner to the network immediately after each connection is
made. tcpserver writes banner before looking up $TCPREMOTEHOST, before
looking up $TCPREMOTEINFO, and before checking cdb. This feature can be used
to reduce latency in protocols where the client waits for a greeting from
the server.

I believe that I am having some latency between another system that
is using my qmail server as a smart relay... and I think the other
systems (Win2K, yuck...) is causing deferrals in its own mail. Maybe
I am off track and someone with experience with relaying for Win2K
SMTP service can let me know their experiences. Thank you.

-- GET LOADed!

Timothy Lorenc        USmail:  LOAD, Ltd.
VP Technology                  1700 W. Horizon Ridge Pkwy
                               Suite 102
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            Henderson, NV 89012
http://www.load.com

***DISCLAIMER***

If this communication concerns the negotiation of a contract or agreement,
the Uniform Electronic Transaction Act does not apply to this communication:
contract and/or agreement formation in this matter shall only occur with
manually-affixed signatures on original documents.