qmailu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have setup qmail with 3.5 lac users and my filesystem which contains
> qmail,vpopmail and hence the queue has become full.  How can i move the
> qmail-queue to a different file system (I already have another file system
> with plenty of disk space.  I currently have 15000 mails in queue. I want to
> clear my queue right away without having to wait for the queue to clear by
> themselves. Is there a way to start clearing this queue.

1.  Mount your new filesystem at /var/qmail2
2.  Configure and install a new instance of qmail, under /var/qmail2
3.  Stop qmail-smtpd from your original qmail install, and start the
    qmail-smtpd from qmail2, so new messages go into /var/qmail2/queue
4.  Disable/remove qmail-inject, mailsubj, etc which are currently injecting
    into the old queue.  Make everyone use the newly-installed ones, which
    are injecting into the new queue in /var/qmail2/queue
5.  Wait a week for the remainder of messages in the old queue to either be
    delivered or bounced.
6.  Remove the old /var/qmail installation completely.

Charles