On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

I'm on the list, please don't copy me directly.

> At 04:53 PM 2/17/01 -0600, you wrote:
> >
> >For example, if I only have 40 outbound connect  slots I might not want
> >all of them to bet consumed sending mail to AOL, I might want  dedicate
> >some of my resources to delivering mail to other domains.
>
> How about running multiple qmails (e.g. on 127.0.0.1:26, 127.0.0.2:25),
> then you use smtproutes. So mail to domainsA goes via general purpose qmail
> with concurrency 30. Mail to OtherDomains goes to a different qmail with
> say concurrency of 10.
>
> Yah it's a pain, but I think it might work.
>
> I may have to resort to this soon, some internal non-qmail mail-server is
> having some problems. I trying to get the admins to patch it. But if they
> can't then it looks like I have to mess up my config... Grrr.

if it's one mail server then using serialmail instead would solve the
problem, and you don't need multiple qmails.

if you do resort to multiple qmails for this sort of problem then you
don't need to qmail-smtp on different ports, you could just use
virtualdomains to redirect the mail using qmail-inject?

the difficulty with all of this is the manual intervention required.

 RjL