Hi,

1) 'Life with qmail' is excellent but try
http://www.flounder.net/qmail/qmail-howto.html
   it is my favourite HOWTO (thaaanks to Adam McKenna)

2) Unable_to_open_./Maildir:_is_a_directory._(#4.2.1) / error means that either
   you have bad Maildir structure or missing slash after ./Maildir/ in rc file

   so, make sure you have there something like:

   ----cut-----
   #!/bin/sh

   exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
   qmail-start '|dot-forward .forward
   ./Maildir/'
   ----cut-----

   and for right Maildir structure use this:

   % /var/qmail/bin/maildirmake $HOME/Maildir
   % echo ./Maildir/ > ~/.qmail

   then you will get Maildir with 3 folders inside (cur,new,tmp)
   and necessary .qmail file content

   it works - just tested on me :-)

--Adam

at [20/Feb/2001Tue 08:55] You Wrote in [Mail delivery problems.]:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently removed Sendmail 8.9.3 from my Redhat 6.2 system
> and installed Qmail 1.03 following instructions from 'Life with qmail'.
>
> Aim : To allow 20 odd users on the intranet to access their email from
> various POP3 accounts on different servers and to allow them to send
> local email to each other.
>
> Setup : caching DNS setup for a fictitious domain adventus.cxm . FQDN of
> local
> server is server.adventus.cxm .
>
> qmail-pop3d setup through tcpserver as advised .
> Russell Nelson's script used to convert /var/spool/mail to Maildir mailboxes
>
> fetchmail run via script as user 'anurag' ( was working under Sendmail ) as
> a cronjob ( every 3 minutes ) . Added 'forcecr to * here ' to .fetchmailrc .
>
> in the rc script ..in the qmail-start line i have ' defaultdelivery splogger
> qmail'
> defaultdelivery has been set to ./Maildir
>
> I have found the following error in /var/log/maillog
>
> Unable_to_open_./Maildir:_is_a_directory._(#4.2.1) /
>
> Any help would be *very* welcome .
>
> Sincerely
> Anurag

 Kind Regards