Charles,

        Thanks for the reply. Well, tcpserver is called in the run file for
qmail-smtpd and qmail-pop3d. When I make changes to the qmail-pop3d run
file, the errors do change in syslog - like commenting out the line for
splogger.

        OK - I just figured it out!! Seems my rc.qmail script doesn't
stop/restart qmail-pop3d properly. There were two copies of qmail-pop3d
running. As soon as I killed the old, incorrect pop3d, the errors went
away.

>|> Subject tells all.
>
>|Don't rely on it -- please repeat the problem in the body of the message in
>|future.

        Sorry, I've been only doing this on the net for about 15 years! I'll
reinclude this information in the bodies of future emails.

Thanks again for the tip!

.mark