On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 11:30:53AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Maybe what I said wasn't as clear as it could
> have been.  Exactly what you requested below,
> is the feature we will be adding.
>
> PHP is inefficient BTW. :)

Totally OT, but one user registration per second adds up to 86,400 new
users per day.

Can a small web server running PHP handle one registration per second?
Answer: yes.  Does hotmail.com do more than 86K registrations per day?
Answer: no.

Conclusion: One small webserver running PHP can handle all the
registrations for arguable the largest webmail service on the planet.

Efficiency is not always the most relevant selection criteria.

Regards.