On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Alex Pennace wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 07:01:48PM -0700, Ben Schumacher wrote:
> > I was wondering if anybody had a patch to make qmail-local look in an
> > alternate directory for .qmail files before going to $HOME.  I know I saw
> > somewhere that somebody had done something like this, but I've been unable
> > to find it again.
>
> You can use the qmail-users mechanism to reach the same goal.

I saw something about doing that on the qmail.org page, however, this is
really not the ideal solution for what I'm trying to do.  My goal is to
make a web based management system for this, and I'd prefer to keep most
everything out of the users home directory, for the sake of security and
simplicity.

Basically, I want to setup another directory that will have a subdirectory
for each user on the system, with .qmail files that are written by the
administrative interface, and the virtual POP boxes for these
users.  Similar to what vpopmail does, but in a way that doesn't negate
the ability to have mail delivered to good old '/var/mail/$USER' boxes for
those who would rather use a shell.

Thanks,

Ben