I am trying to install qmail on a fresh RH 7 system.  I have followed (I
think) the instructions at qmail.org (INSTRUCTIONS.var-qmail) but I can't
get past "rpm --rebuild qmail-1.03-102memphis.src.rpm".  It implies a syntax
error because all I get is the rpm help dialog.

I have check the requirements according to the instructions:

        1. installed libraries:
                 ld-linux.so.2
                  libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
                 libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_2.0)

        2. installed make

        3. downloaded and untarred "var-qmail-1.03-2-gnu-linux-i686.tar.gz" to a
temporary directory

I have a somewhat limited background so there is something obvious I'm not
seeing.  Can anyone help me or direct me to a set of more complete
directions.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bill