Hi,

I have a little computer here and dial up to a lot of different ISPs.
The given IPs are on the MAPS DUL and my smtp-server (at the moment
exim, maybe soon qmail) can't get rid of some of my mail (I don't use a
smarthost).

One solution would involve a script which changes the smarthost setting
in the smtp-server-config everytime I dial up (the smarthost will be the
smtp-server of the chosen ISP). This has a few drawbacks: convenience
(ISPs are changed quite often) and no guarantee of success (with all the
smtp-after-pop and other mysterious ISP-smtp-server settings).

The other solution would involve qmail (yeah, finally): From a friend I
heard about 'smtp routes' being the solution (apologies to that friend,
if I misunderstood, it wasn't the only topic). But as far as I
understood the docs, it's something about an alternative to the DNS and
using qmail without it.

Have I misunderstood the smtproutes features, can you forward me to some
docs I haven't found? Are there any other solutions to my problem?

Thank you very much,

Christoph