I have a lot of trigger-happy users who seem to enjoy double
clicking attachments. Most of the time, a few hours after a major
virus is discovered, we have an update made, but in the meanwhile we
could have had hundreds of e-mails come in with the virus.

Our environment runs Windows, and we find that by stripping any
attachments that could be double-clicked on and contain a virus (ie
vbs, scr, exe soon when I can convince management). I use
qmail-scanner for this. It also helps us to monitor e-mail usage and
see who are the people wasting all our bandwidth sending MPGs, AVIs,
MP3s, etc, and take the necessary disciplinary action.

Since neither amavis nor qmail-scanner are REALLY virii scanners
(they just spawn scanners), I prefer qmail-scanner since it offers
the ability to block attachment types as well. Of course, we also
run Norton Antivirus across all our desktops. With the corporate
edition, its really easy to install. Open up your MMC, go
Tools...Client Install, select the 100 workstations in the building,
hit Go, and it installs the virii scanning software across all of
our workstations, and they all pull the latest updates off our
central NAV server whenever new ones arrive.

Of course I've moved OT now...

Brett.
--
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of throughly useless
information."

- Calvin, of Calvin and Hobbes