"John McCoy, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I noticed when I implemented rblsmtpd that several legitimate sites were
> being blocked. They were mostly other .edu sites. Is there any way to create
> a list of exceptions, hopefully with a wild card so I could allow all .edu
> traffic to pass regardless? Or better yet can I get rblsmtpd to just tell me
> which sites it has gotten matches on but not actually block the mail. So I
> can then encourage sites that should be allowed in to improve their servers,
> and make the web a better place for us all. I've already written a script to
> pull out those who get blocked from the log file. That was how I discovered
> I was blocking people who needed to send us email. I would be happy to share
> it.

Yes; set the environment variable RBLSMTPD to a null string ("") using
tcpserver (in the cdb file; well, you put it in the source which is
compiled into the cdb file):

    209.98.94.1-8:allow,RBLSMTPD=""
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/