#########3  -ERR this user has no $HOME/Maildir

Hi,

> Um, first a few things.  After boot-up or a quick -HUP on inetd, do you
ever
> see a process called qmail-popup or even perhaps qmail-pop3d running?

I only see a qmail-popup process when launching it by hand.
I must rectify a mistake I made in my previous mail: if i run qmail-popup by
hand I don't get the opportunity to telnet into my server, I am instead
instantly asked to authenticate myself. Also, if I run qmail-popup in the
background by adding '&' at the end, and then telnet into it I still get the
error message.

> What happens when you send mail to the user?  To the account
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]?

I am able to send mail to both my pop3 user and the few system accounts I
have.

> It would also help out a lot if you were able to send us the true domain
> name and perhaps if you could send the output of a qmail-lint:

Warning: users/assign checking not implemented.

Forgive any very stupid mistakes, I'm fighting a nasty flu :-(

Pierre

In KPMG's opinion, non-encrypted communication via the Internet is not to be
considered secure.
For that reason, it is KPMG's policy that uninvited use of the Internet concerning
exchange of confidential information with our clients must not take place.  When
exchanging information, the client is held liable.

This e-mail may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the
addressee, and any disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify us immediately
and delete this mail.