On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Kirti S. Bajwa wrote:

> Yes I did create the link in the service directory.
>
> Those who are monitoring this question, someone suggested that the script
> should be as follows:

I don't know if it's the line wrap that did it, but your exec line is
wrong in both scripts if I'm not getting line wrap.  The "WRONG SCRIPT"
is using syslog logging, I'm not sure about the | at the end of the other
one, but try putting the exec line all on one line:

     #!/bin/sh
     exec /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
mail.tibonline.net /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

Vince.

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.pop4.net