* Jon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010309 11:47]:
> >Then run qmail-queue with fd 0 open on the message file, and fd 1
> > open on the envelope file.
>
> I am trying to do this in perl and don't know how.  So if anyone can point
> me in the right direction that would be great.

Can't remember where I found the help to do this, but I do something similar
in a Perl script, I think. This is untested, so don't complain if it doesn't
work!

  open MSG,"/path/to/the/msgfile" ...
  open ENV,"/path/to/the/envelope" ...

  open \*STDIN,  "<&MSG" ...
  open \*STDOUT, "<&ENV" ...

  $rc = system "/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue";
  if ($rc) {
    # error; interpret it
  }

I'm especially not sure about the STDOUT bit, but IIRC that's fd 1, and
seems like it's the logical thing.

Good luck! :-)

/pg
--
Peter Green : Gospel Communications Network, SysAdmin : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---