On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 11:49:08PM +0100, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> lets make this poor man happy and let us all tell him about how well
> qmail/ezmlm works!
>
> This guy is Elias Levy (aleph1) and he runs the Bugtraq mailing list.
>
> Please send an email directly to him if you want to suggest qmail/ezmlm
> for running a large mailing list with a secure piece of software. And
> he also is sick of handling bounces...

Whilst bounce processing is indeed a sale point for ezmlm, much of
what Elias wants is above and beyond ezmlm. For example categorization
and subscription by category. Sure you can (painfully) make a sublist
for each category, as long as they don't invent and rename categories
on the fly.

Elias also talks about an emulation layer for LISTSERV. I've not heard
of anyone providing that for ezmlm.

This is not to under-rate ezmlm, as a base toolkit it would perform
admirably, but the BUGTRAQ dood wants a lot of value-adds that are not
part of ezmlm.

Regards.